Welcome to WA Masters Hockey State Team Nominations 2019
You have logged on to the WA Masters Hockey State Team nomination website.
To participate in Selection Trials for the WA Masters Hockey 2019 Women’s and Men’s
State Teams you must complete the nomination process and pay the required nomination
fee by the due date.
Nominations must be entered through this website no later than 5.00pm on the Friday
before the First Trial for your age division as below:
- Women’s team TRIALS commence on 5 May 2019, Sunday; commencing 6:00am – 9:00am PHS
(2nd Trial: 19 May from 6am to 8:15am, 3rd Trial: Sunday 26 May (held in reserve in case a third trial is needed)
- Men’s team TRIALS commence on 7 April 2019, Sunday; commencing 8:00am UWA
Nominations for Women’s State Masters Teams:
- For the over 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60 and over 65 Divisions.
- Location: Gold Coast QLD
- Tournament dates (playing dates inclusive): Thursday September 26 to Saturday October 5th, 2019.
Nominations for Men’s State Masters Teams:
- For the over 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70 and over 75 Divisions\
(Division 2 typically 50 & 55 &60 for age groups where there are sufficient numbers)
- Location: Bunbury/ Busselton S West WA Tournament dates (playing dates inclusive) typically but dependent on team numbers:
a. Over 35, 40, 45 are Friday September 27th to Sunday October 5th , 2019.
b. 50 to 75 are Monday September 30th to Saturday October 12th, 2019.
Please carefully review the Nomination Conditions following, complete the nomination
process and make payment with your credit card.
Throughout this document WA Masters Hockey means and includes the WA Masters
Hockey Committee, a Committee authorised by Hockey WA to promote, develop, coordinate
and advise on Masters Hockey in WA for Hockey WA, and the Western Australian Hockey
- Nominating Players should refer to the WA Masters Hockey State Selection Policy v2019 for a detailed explanation of the State Team Selection Process (www.wamastershockey.com). All nominating players are deemed to have read and accepted the current State Selection Policy.
- The Nomination Fee must be paid by Visa/MasterCard to complete the nomination process. This is the only form of payment accepted.
- The Nomination Fee is $50 per player and will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Nominated players who fail to attend any part of the selection process without prior notification to the WA Masters Hockey Committee (in writing) may not be considered for selection.
- Nominating players must attain the minimum age for a division by 31 December of the championship year. For example, a player turning 40 on or before 31 December 2019 is eligible for selection in the Over 40 Division in 2019.
- A player’s nomination will only be accepted for their age appropriate team. If you wish to nominate for an older team via a Hockey Australia Permit please nominate for your age appropriate team and then advise WAMC – any such Permit is at the discretion of Hockey Australia.
- All costs are to be met by the players. This includes, but is not limited to, the cost of subsidies for Coaches and Managers, training, airfares, travel insurance, accommodation, uniforms, physios, sports trainers, masseuse, playing equipment, vehicle hire, meals and living expenses. The team manager may coordinate fundraising activities to reduce costs. All Players, Coaches and Managers must pay any invoices for costs in full before departure.
- A deposit will be required from each player selected within 7 days of being formally notified of their selection. This deposit is non-refundable.
- Team logistics arrangements are as set out below:
a. WA Masters Hockey does not book travel for players. Selected players should make their own travel arrangements to reach the venue at least one clear day before their Championship commences or as directed by the team manager.
b. Accommodation for each team has been arranged by the manager from last year and will be coordinated by the appointed manager for this year.
c. If you intend to stay in a caravan or at non team accommodation it is not WA Masters Hockey preference, and you agree to attend all team meetings and events as directed by the team manager.
- All players selected are required to purchase and wear the WAMHC approved playing strip and tracksuit, generally the yellow uniform approved in 2016 plus (men) the black alternate top approved in 2018. Players moving up to a higher age group should note that their playing number might be taken by a player from last year necessitating the purchase of a new playing shirt with new number or renumber eg 6 to 16.
- All Players, Managers and Coaches are insured under the Hockey Australia Sportscover Group Plan provided that they are registered with an affiliated Club or Association. This provides minimal cover and it is a requirement that each player obtains their own satisfactory Travel and Medical insurances.
- In case a player has to pull out of the tournament and NO replacement player can be found, this may result in that player having to pay some of their and the team costs already incurred.
- Players will be deemed to accept the HWA Player Contract and the Hockey Australia Code of Conduct if selected.
- WA Masters Hockey shall appoint Selection Panels to select Players for Masters State Teams in accordance with the WA Masters Hockey State Selection Policy.
- Please note that any dispute by a Player relating to the application of the State Selection Policy shall be referred to WA Masters Hockey Committee for resolution.
- In submitting this Nomination form a player agrees to comply with all policy and procedures of WA Masters Hockey and Hockey WA including the WA Masters Hockey State Selection Policy.